The 2015 Natural Events Calendar, with stunning nature photography and daily notes about wild happenings, is on sale now at locations throughout Missouri or online.
This year’s calendar from the Missouri Department of Conservation features an ultra-close-up cover photo of a blue-eyed grass blossom. Other eye-popping photos in the large-format calendar include:
• A frozen moment as a pair of pintail ducks settles into a marsh
• A white-faced ibis at Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area
• A fluffy red-fox pup surveying its surroundings
• A star-streaked portrait of Missouri’s champion bur oak
• A fall landscape splashed with enough color to please Jackson Pollock
• Crystalline frost stars decorating winter twigs
• A snaggle-toothed ornate box turtle mugging for the camera
The 2015 calendar also features two pages of abstract nature images, ranging from an other-worldly close-up of dewdrops on a spider web to the dark tracery of frozen rivulets in a snow-covered swamp.
As always, the calendar has daily notes about natural events from owl nesting to meteor showers. It sells for $7 plus tax and shipping at mdcnatureshop.com. You also can order by calling 877-521-8632, or save shipping and handling charges by buying your copy at a Conservation Department nature center or regional office.