Before we get into all the legal stuff, let us just say that we hate spam. Can’t stand it cluttering up our email boxes and believe you probably feel the same way. So, simply put, we do not sell any of your private information to anyone. We do use your email address to communicate with you ourselves, but that’s it. Period.
Now, the legal means of expressing the same thing:
The Website follows these principles in collecting and managing the personal information you provide Us:
• We collect personal information from individuals only as allowed by law.
We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of the Website. For example, in order for a Member to submit content to the Website, we request that the Member provide Us with certain personal information, like their name and e-mail address. We do not collect any personal information from Visitors who browse our Website and who do not wish to submit any information. We collect personal information about you only if you provide it to Us voluntarily through the Website.
• We tell visitors who provide personal information to the Website the purpose for which the information is collected.
We collect the personal information of Members who submit materials to the Website in order to contact such Members regarding their submissions if We so desire. We may also send Members certain communications, such as announcements, administrative messages, or newsletters for marketing or other purposes.
• We tell people who provide personal information about their opportunity to modify or remove their personal information from Our system.
• We use personal information only for the specified purposes, or for actions consistent with those purposes, unless We get your consent or unless required by law or regulation.
We will not sell, lease, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, provided that We may share your personal information with third parties under certain circumstances, including: a) if sharing your personal information is necessary to execute a specific request by you; however, in these specific cases, third parties will not retain, share, or store any personal information except to provide the specific services requested by you; b) if sharing your personal information is required by law; is necessary to respond to a subpoena, warrant, or court order; or is necessary to protect the rights of the Website or its visitors; or c) if you give us explicit permission to share your personal information with third parties.
We may share demographic information with third parties on an anonymous and aggregated basis (i.e., without disclosing your identity), subject to this Policy. One of the reasons that we may do this is to improve the Website’s effectiveness.
• We use information security safeguards. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the personal information of Members collected or maintained by the Website against loss, unauthorized access, and illegal use or disclosure. Personal information is stored in secure locations.
• We do not collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years of age.
Effective Date of this Policy: September 15, 2006; modified March 30, 2009.